Many people never consider gymnastics when looking for a recreational activity for their children. Here are some reasons why you might.
- A NASA study showed that gymnasts have highly developed "vestibular mechanisms" which increase general learning, (academic as well as physical).
- Gymnastics is the only sport that works total body strength, flexibility and aerobic development.
- Gymnastics is the only sport that trains the body using all three of the spatial axes which developes the vestibular mechanism.
- Gymnastics enhances gross motor skills.
- Self-discipline is developed due to the very nature of the sport.
- Self-confidence is built through individualized goals and accomplishments.
- For any other sport, gymnastics is a way of developing strength and giving athletes that "added edge".
- Early training results in increased kinesthetic awareness.